David is a trial lawyer who is experienced in complex business litigation matters, including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and employment law claims, all matters of real estate disputes, including foreclosure litigation and lease disputes, and intellectual property litigation. He regularly practices in both State Court and Federal Courts across the country. He’s tried cases before juries in Superior Court and retired judges in arbitrations.
David understands the complexity of litigation and that each client requires a unique strategy and approach to his or her case. David prides himself on working closely with his clients to tailor a strategy that best fits the client’s goals.
David, who is a native San Diegan, began his legal career at the prestigious San Diego law firm of Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek, where he practiced for six years. David has been recognized by several publications as a top young attorney in the San Diego legal community.
- Represented owners of a residential care facility for the elderly (RCFE) in a two-day arbitration against co-owner who attempted to misappropriate clients’ ownership interests in the business for himself.
- Second-chaired two-week jury trial involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty, interference with economic relations, and Federal and state computer fraud claims in dispute between owners of a defense contracting company.
- Represented technology incubator company in two-week arbitration involving claims for misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of contract.
- Represented partner in hedge fund in breach of fiduciary lawsuit resulting in settlement.
- Represented sanitary supply company in prosecution of copyright infringement action against competitor resulting in settlement.
- Represented national contractor in defense of Miller Act claim in the Southern District of California resulting in settlement.
- Represented national bank in defense of claim for wrongful foreclosure resulting in settlement.
- Represented lending institution in defense of mechanic’s lien claim resulting in dismissal of action at the pleading stage.
- Routinely represents landlords and developers in a wide range of real estate disputes and litigation.
- Routinely represents individuals and companies in a wide range of business disputes.
- Routinely represents craft breweries in a wide range of business and real estate disputes.
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers (2015-2017)
- San Diego Business Journal’s Best of the Bar (2016)
- Top Young Attorney Semi-Finalist, San Diego Daily Transcript (2013, 2014)
- David was named a 2012 Top Young Attorney Finalist by the San Diego Daily Transcript by an independent panel of local attorneys who reviewed over 400 nominations
- Boyd Service Award Highest Honors (2008)
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- American Inns of Court, Louis M. Welsh San Diego Chapter (Associate 2009-2010; Barrister 2014-2016)
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Leadership Development Committee (2015-present)
- Coach, University of California-San Diego Mock Trial Team (2008-2015)
- Planning Committee Member, American Cancer Society Downtown San Diego Relay for Life (2008-2015)
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa (2005)
- J.D., University of Iowa College of Law (2008)
12340 El Camino Real, Suite 430
San Diego, CA 92130