Ms. Janine-Page’s practice is primarily complex business litigation with an emphasis on securities, employment, and intellectual property. Marisa has successfully represented clients in a number of high-profile, class action, and complex cases, including cases involving securities fraud, oil and gas development fraud, unfair competition, and employee discrimination and miscategorization liability. Additionally, she has extensive experience in California Environmental Quality Act matters, representing petitioners, agencies, and project proponents throughout California. Marisa also advises and represents corporate clients in employment matters, corporate governance, and securities transactions and offerings.
Prior to college and pursuing her legal career, Marisa had a nine year career in the financial investment industry as a licensed investment advisor and fixed income securities trader. She graduated from the University of California Berkeley magna cum laude with double majors and received her Juris Doctor degree from Duke University School of Law, where she participated in the Business and Securities Law Association and the Prisoner Rights Project.
In addition to her accomplishments in the courtroom, Marisa is an active member in her community. Marisa was the recipient of the American Association of Birth Center’s Professional Community Award for her pro bono services to midwifery and birthing centers. She led the Association of Business Trial Lawyer’s committee to promote the National Association of Women Judge’s Informed Voter Project, appearing on radio and in community forums to educate California voters of the importance of fair and free courts. In 2014, Marisa initiated and presided over San Diego’s inaugural Bench and Bar Summit where San Diego’s state, federal, and appellate judges as well as local Bar leaders gathered to discuss critical issues facing the Courts and legal community. Marisa also served as a guardian ad litem advocate for abused children in California and North Carolina.
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell (Peer Review Rated)
- San Diego Magazine Top Lawyer (2017)
- San Diego Business Journal’s Best of the Bar (2016-2017)
- San Diego “Super Lawyers,” Business Litigation (2012-2018)
- Corporate LiveWire Global Award Winner – Labour & Employment (2015)
- American Association of Birth Centers’ Professional Community Award (2008)
- California State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Southern, Northern and Central Districts of California
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers (Board of Governors since 2006; Past President 2014)
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., Magna Cum Laude (1995)
- Duke University School of Law J.D. (1998)
12340 El Camino Real, Suite 430
San Diego, CA 92130