Ms. Janine-Page’s practice is appeals and litigation, primarily employment, consumer and unfair business practices, complex business disputes, securities, class actions, and intellectual property. Additionally, Marisa has extensive experience in California Environmental Quality Act matters, representing petitioners, agencies, and project proponents. She also advises employers on human resources and labor law matters, conducts internal investigations, and gives sexual harassment prevention training and other courses on employment and leave laws and Employer Best Practices.
Prior to college and pursuing her legal career, Marisa was a licensed investment advisor and fixed income securities trader. She graduated from the University of California Berkeley magna cum laude with double majors and received her Juris Doctor from Duke University School of Law, where she participated in the Business and Securities Law Association and the Prisoner Rights Project.
In addition to her accomplishments in the courtroom, Marisa is an active member in her community. Most recently, Marisa founded Josh’s Smile~Beyond the Chair, a charity that gives “smiles” to terminally-ill, wheelchair-bound adults and educates the next generation to look beyond the wheelchair and see the person. Additionally, Marisa was recognized nationally by the American Association of Birth Centers for her pro bono services to midwifery and birthing centers. Marisa led the Association of Business Trial Lawyers in partnering with the National Association of Women Judges on its Informed Voter Project, appearing on radio and in community forums to educate California voters of the importance of fair and free courts. In 2014, Marisa initiated and presided over San Diego’s inaugural Bench and Bar Summit where San Diego’s state, federal, and appellate judges as well as local Bar leaders gathered to discuss critical issues facing the Courts and legal community. Marisa also served as a guardian ad litem advocate for abused children in California and North Carolina.
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell (Peer Review Rated)
- San Diego Business Journal Best of the Bar (2016-2018)
- San Diego “Super Lawyers,” Business Litigation (2012-2019)
- San Diego Magazine Top Lawyers (2016-2019)
- American Association of Birth Centers’ Professional Community Award (2008)
- California State Bar
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts (Southern, Northern, Central, and Eastern)
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers (Board of Governors 2006 to present; Past President 2014; Mock Trial Tournament Co-Chair 2018-2019)
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., Magna Cum Laude (1995)
- Duke University School of Law J.D. (1998)
- Summary judgment for local San Diego restaurants defending against class allegations of CLRA, UCL, and FAL violations.
- Appeal affirming Superior Court judgment in favor of plaintiff employee’s labor code claims.
- Appeal affirming summary judgment for County and real-party-in-interest on CEQA, Williamson Act, and regulatory compliance claims.
- Summary judgment for employer defending against FEHA and other discrimination claims.
- Jury trial verdict for employer defending against FEHA and other discrimination claims.
- Successful sanctions motion against Plaintiff and her attorney for filing frivolous FEHA complaint.
- Arbitration award in favor of Plaintiff employee against former employer for labor code violations and breach of contract.
- Successful jury and bench trial on complex civil matter involving breach of fiduciary duty and contribution claims.
- Defeated class certification and achieved ultimate dismissal of all claims against newspaper distributors for employment misclassification.
- Defense judgment in favor of large developer alleged to violate CEQA.
- Verdict in favor of parent action group alleging CEQA claims against City.
- Summary judgment of non-infringement in favor or GPS technology company.
- California Restaurants Association, San Diego Chapter Annual Meeting; 2019 #MeToo Legislation
- Zero Tolerance: Preventing Sexual Harassment in the Workplace (a one or two hour course that meets California’s employer training requirements)
3398 Carmel Mountain Road, Suite 250
San Diego, CA 92121